Friday, September 23, 2016

My Favorite Food Blogs

Research makes it clear that what you eat makes a difference in your health. But finding healthy recipes can be overwhelming. I love a good food blog, I read food blogs like most people read novels. But deciphering nutrition fact from fiction while scrolling through personal anecdotes from expert-backed advice is no easy task. That's why I'm sharing some of the most helpful, beautiful, next-level blogs that I visit on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 

First up is Naturally Ella. After her father had a heart attack, Erin Alderson (whose initials are ELLA) broke up with fast food and all processed meat. Her blog features seasonal vegetarian recipes that are pantry-inspired. I've made many of her recipes and haven't had a bad meal, yet. Despite ditching Big Macs, Alderson doesn't believe in being obsessive or counting calories; her philosophy is simply to exercise and eat well. Given the results - the beautifully photographed whole foods that I want to gobble up - it's easy to see why her approach works. Going meatless once a week may reduce your risk of chronic preventable conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. 

Next up, Sprouted Kitchen. This blog resembles the pages of a glossy food magazine with a fleet of stylists making sure every bite looks impossibly scrumptious. But behind the scenes there's just one couple, Sara and Hugh Forte. She cooks and blogs, he photographs. They've elevated sandwiches, noodles and green salads to epic proportions. I'll be honest, I haven't made a lot of their recipes, but I love looking pursuing their blog. 

The Almond Eater is all about healthy recipes in 30 minutes or less. My kind of recipe blog. Erin, the blogger, writes recipes and stays healthy by listening to her body. Though, she admits she does try to keep things on the healthier side because if she always listened to her body, she'd "probably turn into a giant piece of cake." Amen, sister. I made these almond butter protein bars for my son this week and he loved them. As did I.

I've just recently become a fan of Well Plated. The name of this blogger is also Erin. What up with all the Erin bloggers?? This Erin is dedicated to making healthy food taste incredible. And from the recipes I've tried...she does just that. I especially enjoy her slow cooker options and her healthy savory dishes. 

I started following kath eats real food years ago when the blogger, Kath, lived in Charlotte. She now lives in Charlottesville where she became a Registered Dietitian. I am a big fan of oatmeal and Kath's oatmeal recipes initially drew me to her blog. I've learned a lot from her nutrition posts, as well.

Pinch of Yum is one of my tried and true blogs. I have tried many of her recipes; Lindsay (not Erin) cooks things that are practical, interesting and delicious. She is a big fan of curry (as am I), lentils (as am I) and pasta (as am I). Lindsay and I could be fast friends.

Two Peas & Their Pod is another of my recipe-go-to blogs. The husband and wife duo, Maria and Josh, not only share recipes, they share a weekly meal plan so no complaining about dinner ideas...they've got you covered for the week.

Of course, when I find a recipe that I want to make healthier...Jacy is my go-to resource. She can take any recipe and make it better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment